Brad's eggplant au gratin. This EGGPLANT GRATIN or Aubergine Gratin makes a crowd-pleasing side dish! Tender eggplant is smothered with a fingerlickin tomato cream sauce, topped with Gruyere I first made Eggplant Au Gratin for my husband's birthday and everyone absolutely loved it. As a matter of fact, what not love?
From Jane Shapton of Irvine, California comes this tasty bake that layers sliced eggplant with spaghetti sauce and two kinds of cheese. A delicious eggplant gratin where eggplant is stuffed with tomatoes and bell peppers and baked in a creamy cheese sauce with feta and herbs. Eggplant Gratin. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. #Eggplant #AuGratin #EggplantAuGratin #Vegetable A delicious eggplant recipe, not a real Au Gratin recipe but something healthier no cheese and flour in. You can cook Brad's eggplant au gratin using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's eggplant au gratin
- Prepare 1 of lg eggplant.
- You need 8-12 slices of swiss cheese.
- You need of Garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of half and half.
- You need 2 tbs of flour.
- Prepare of Bread crumbs.
Eggplant, mushrooms, lemon juice, milk, black pepper, red hot pepper sauce, bread crumbs, salt, butter, all-purpose flour, heavy whipping cream, nutmeg, eggs, parmesan cheese. Tender slices of eggplant, layers of tomatoes and chunks of tangy goat cheese are a quick and easy side dish, perfect to accompany any entrée. Recipe adapted from 'Dinner: Changing the Game,' by Melissa Clark. On each eggplant slice, lay a zucchini slice, a pepper strip and a basil leaf.
Brad's eggplant au gratin step by step
- Slice eggplant very thin..
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Lay eggplant in pan in layers. Between each layer, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Also lay down 4 slices of cheese..
- Continue until all eggplant is used..
- Mix flour with cold half and half. Pour over the top of casserole. Shake a little to work out air bubbles between layers..
- Top lightly with bread crumbs..
- Bake at 375 around 20-25 minutes. Remove when top gets nice and browned..
- Let rest a couple minutes. Serve and enjoy..
The secret to making perfect vegetable au gratin is to bake it till you get a nice brown crust. Note: gratin can be assembled (don't add oil until baking), covered and refrigerated for several hours. Preheat oven and drizzle on last olive oil just before baking. This potato gratin recipe is the perfect side dish for any type of meal, whether its weeknight dinners or holiday meals! How to Make Potato Gratin: First, have the cream and milk together in a big bowl before you start slicing the potatoes, then put the potatoes directly into the milk and cream after you.