Broccoli Cheddar Soup. My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. Here is what we came up with. This cheesy broccoli cheddar soup is proof that soup doesn't need to be made in big batches to be Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
Although it's pureed, it does still have some texture in it from small bits of broccoli. Recipe by chefnini. ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese. salt and pepper. crusty bread or bread bowl. This soup is stick to your bones good. You can cook Broccoli Cheddar Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of cream 18%.
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 4 cups of broccoli florets.
- It’s 1 of carrot, shredded.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Perfect on a winter night, yet we crave it year round. Our Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe has taken quite a few years to get right: taste, flavour and consistency. This might not be an exact replica of Panera's Broccoli Cheddar Soup… This Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe uses simple ingredients but has so much flavor and creaminess. Some soups require hours and hours of simmering time to develop.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup step by step
- In large pot melt butter over medium heat, add onion and sauté until soft and translucent. Add flour and continue to stir for about five minutes..
- Slowly mix in chicken broth until fully incorporated. Add cream stirring constantly. Carefully bring to the boil. You must watch the pot because this will boil quickly. Once it comes to the boil, reduce the heat to medium and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring regularly..
- Now your soup base should be slightly thickened. If too thick add either more broth or cream depending on your taste. Add broccoli, shredded carrot and garlic, allow to simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until veggies are soft..
- Using a hand blender, carefully blend up the soup until desired texture/ consistency. Slowly add the two cups of cheese, constantly stirring. Keep stirring until all the cheese is melted and soup is heating through. Server and garnish with remaking cheese..
If you like Panera's broccoli cheddar soup, this blows the pants off it. It's absolutely perfect comfort food and I couldn't stop eating it. Panera's Broccoli Cheddar Soup – This recipe tastes just like it! Creamy broccoli cheese soup is comfort food at its Panera's Broccoli Cheddar Soup. posted by Christy Denney Add the cheese to the soup and whisk over medium heat until melted.