You can cook Shepherd's Pie using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare 1 tbsp of reduced calorie margarine.
- You need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 tsp of reduced sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 2 cup of cubed, cooked chicken breast.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, sliced and blanched.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped, cleaned spinach leaves.
- It’s 6 of chopped scallions.
- It’s 1/2 cup of thawed frozen corn kernels.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of evaporated skimmed milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme leaves, crumbled.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground marjoram.
- You need 3 of medium russet potatoes, cooked, peeled, and mashed.
- You need 1 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
Shepherd's Pie instructions
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, melt the margarine. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the flour; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Whisk in the broth, soy sauce and 1/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 3-4 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400°F; spray a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray..
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken and the remaining tablespoon of flour. Stir in the carrots, spinach, scallions, corn, milk, thyme, marjoram and the sauce. Transfer to the casserole dish. Top with potatoes, spreading to cover the filling completely; sprinkle with the cheese and paprika. Bake until bubbling and the potatoes are golden, 30-35 minutes..