Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake. Mom always made this special chocolate mayo cake for my birthday meal. It is very moist and has a nice light chocolate taste, and the flavorful frosting is the perfect topping. Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake has to be one of the most decadent, delicious and easy cakes I have ever made!
When you're in need of a delicious layer cake that is easy to make, look no further than this Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake. Tastes like chocolate cake from a mix – no one knew the difference – it was moist and tasted even When I was young my Great Grand Mother used to make a chocolate mayonnaise cake that I. This Depression-era cake recipe might sound bizarre, but the addition of mayonnaise yields a beautifully moist chocolate cake with a rich flavor and tender crumb. recipes. You can have Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 of and1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 of and 2/3 cups sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/3 cup water.
Our mayonnaise cake is a rich chocolate cake, moist and dense with a rich chocolate buttercream is the stuff that dreams are made of. This Old Fashioned Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake Recipe is the. If you've never known the glory of a mayonnaise cake, you're in for a treat! This Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake has a rich chocolate flavor and a dense, yet soft and moist texture.
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla, mayonnaise and water) til well blended..
- Add baking powder, baking soda and sugar til well blended..
- Slowly add flour and cocoa and blend thoroughly. (Don't panic, the mixture is a little on the thin side).
- Pour into greased baking pan. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean..
- Add your favorite frosting. I made peanut butter frosting for this one..
It doesn't really need a frosting, but it is really delicious when covered with Chocolate Ganache. This chocolate mayonnaise cake has been around for a long time. I can remember my mother making it years ago but she used salad dressing in hers instead of mayonnaise. You don't yet know about how awesome chocolate mayonnaise cake is? It might sound weird and gross to put mayonnaise in a chocolate cake, but it makes sense when you think about it.