Roasted Salmon with Roasted Plum Tomatoes & Caramelized Lemons. Drizzle with olive oil, season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper. This method of roasting salmon is wonderful because it's light and elegant — the perfect date food. All the great colors also make for a killer presentation.
If you have it, use white wine instead of chicken broth. I like to serve my salmon with asparagus—roast it alongside the fish. —Swati Sharan, Horseheads, New York. Place tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet; toss with oil, thyme, salt, and pepper until coated. You can cook Roasted Salmon with Roasted Plum Tomatoes & Caramelized Lemons using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Salmon with Roasted Plum Tomatoes & Caramelized Lemons
- You need 4 of plum tomatoes, quartered.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s 8-10 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- You need of Garlic powder (optional).
- You need of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of salmon fillets (7-8 ozs each), about 1 1/2" at their thickest.
- It’s Handful of fresh dill sprigs.
- Prepare 1 of lemon, cut in half.
Arrange in a single layer, cut sides up. Arrange tomatoes, onion, and garlic in an even layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Balsamic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes. But being that it's summer and all and we want to look good, we do want to stick to some healthier meals, at least every once in a while and this delicious salmon with roasted tomatoes and onions is just that.
Roasted Salmon with Roasted Plum Tomatoes & Caramelized Lemons step by step
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Place plum tomatoes in a shallow baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and scatter thyme sprigs over all. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Roast until tomatoes are softened but still have their shape, about 15 to 20 minutes. Cover loosely with foil and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Lay the salmon fillets skin sides down, with some space between them on a baking sheet or baking dish. Season with garlic powder (if using), salt and black pepper to taste and cover with dill. Squeeze half of lemon over all. Bake until firm, 15 to 20 minutes..
- Meanwhile, slice the remaining lemon half into 1/4 inch slices. Heat a skillet over high heat. Film the bottom of the pan with olive oil and add lemon slices. Saute until brown on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes total. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Remove the aluminum foil from the tomatoes. Discard the herb sprigs. Place the tomatoes on a cutting board and roughly chop. Spoon chopped tomatoes into the center of each plate. Lay a piece of salmon over tomatoes and lay the lemon slices to the side of the salmon. Serve immediately..
Grape tomatoes sautéed with capers, shallot and cumin form a bright, chunky sauce for seared salmon. To make it, Ted Allen, TV personality and host of Food Network's Chopped, sautéed sweet grape tomatoes with capers, shallot, and cumin, then spooned the bright, chunky sauce over crisp. Take a trip to the Mediterranean with this roasted salmon with tomatoes and green beans dinner. This recipe comes from Anna Helm Baxter's new Toss beans with grape tomatoes, pitted Kalamata olives, anchovies, and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast tomatoes in the oven or on your grill; you want them cooked but still firm, definitely not mushy. " Mix together the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper in a bowl, working the seasonings into the cavities of the tomatoes.