Yummy Salmon cakes.
You can have Yummy Salmon cakes using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yummy Salmon cakes
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped bell or sweet peppers.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of minced onion, or 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of refrigerated organic minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of tumeric.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1-6 oz of can of salmon (I used Royal Pink from Trident foods).
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of Drizzle of olive oil to coat pan.
Yummy Salmon cakes step by step
- Add peppers, onion and garlic to a sautee pan and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Place in a bowl and let cool for a couple minutes while you gather then rest of the ingredients and oil the pan. (Keep the pan on medium heat).
- Add the salmon to the pepper mixture, using a fork to break up large chunks..
- Add the egg, then the spices, stir well – then add the bread crumbs. The texture should be wet, but stable enough to form a cake/burger that doesn't fall apart. Make them as big or small as you like, shapes are fun for kids!! *Add bread crumbs to thicken, water to moisten..
- Cook cakes for about 5 minutes each side, then enjoy however you wish!!.
- I just made the same recipe without the bell peppers and 1st step. I added some shredded carrot and grated parmesan cheese to the cake mixture and the cakes turned out wonderful!!!!!.