Tuna poke with coconut rice and Bibb lettuce. Or Boston, or Bibb, or any of those tender head lettuces because they all look the dang same. Rinse rinse rinse, then pile a little bit of rice and tuna mixture into each cup, which. . . THEN, sprinkle the lettuce cuppies with the remaining cucumber.
This tuna poke bowl recipe comes together in a flash and is an incredibly filling and nutritious meal idea. A delicious Tuna Poke Bowl with Coconut Rice and lots of veggies. It's filled with colour and texture and is completely irresistible. You can cook Tuna poke with coconut rice and Bibb lettuce using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuna poke with coconut rice and Bibb lettuce
- It’s 1 lb of sushi grade tuna.
- It’s of Coconut rice(see my recipe).
- You need 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of seasons oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ponzu sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves pressed.
- You need 3 of green onion (green part only, sliced on the bias.
- You need 2 tbsp of fine chopped cilantro (reserve 1 tbsp for finishing).
- Prepare of Crushed wasabi peas.
- You need of Diced avocado.
- Prepare of Lemon (half for the marinate and half for service).
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover. Spicy Tuna Poke Bowls made with chunks of fresh tuna, avocado, cucumbers, spicy mayo, scallions cut on the bias served on a bed of steamed rice. In the past year or two, New York has exploded with poke bowl restaurants from the NYC to the end of Long Island.
Tuna poke with coconut rice and Bibb lettuce instructions
- Mix all the ingredients except the wasabi peas, avocado and tuna and microwave for 30 seconds so the sugar melts, let cool..
- Slice the tuna into half inch pieces and add it to the bowl and mix well, let it marinate for at least an hour, preferably 2. stir every 30 minutes..
- Once it’s marinated fold in the diced avocado and serve it over the coconut rice and finish with toasted sesame seeds, lemon juice, wasabi peas and serve with Bibb lettuce.
But the great news, it's just as. Bibb or butter lettuce are my picks for these wraps. They have sturdy, broad leaves that hold a good amount of filling without major risk of everything falling Gluten-free: To make this recipe gluten free, use gluten-free hoisin sauce, and tamari or coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. How to make a delicious, healthy Poke Bowl! Made with your choice of ahi tuna or tofu!