Chicken adobo. My Filipino family's chicken adobo recipe is very similar. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender.
Not only is it so easy to make, but because it's incredibly flavorful and my kids love it! This tangy, sweet, salty chicken adobo recipe cuts down on the time-consuming process of peeling and slicing a ton of garlic cloves. Chicken Adobo – crazy delicious Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe made in one pot. You can have Chicken adobo using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken adobo
- It’s 1 kg of chicken.
- You need 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- Prepare 1 tsp of peppercorns.
- Prepare 3-5 pcs of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar (optional).
Chicken Abodo is a perfect dinner for the entire family. Chicken adobo is a Filipino treasure and considered to be the national dish. Adobo, is often prepared with chicken but can also be made with pork, seafood or even vegetables. I first became interested in chicken adobo when I saw a recipe for it using a slow cooker.
Chicken adobo instructions
- Mix everything.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Simmer in low heat for 20 minutes, while turning chicken to cook evenly every 5 minutes. When sauce is almost dry. Turn off heat and serve with warm rice.
- (Optional) Can fry lightly fry the chicken before cooking with the marinate.
After looking at a plethora of adobo recipes, I decided that I didn't even need a slow cooker. Philippine adobo (from Spanish adobar: "marinade," "sauce" or "seasoning") is a popular Filipino dish and cooking process in Philippine cuisine that involves meat, seafood, or vegetables marinated in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and black peppercorns, which is browned in oil. Chicken Adobo is a tangy, salty, sweet, and spicy Filipino dish. This meal is easy to make and You can never have too many chicken recipes and this Chicken Adobo is a keeper! This one-pot Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe from Food Network uses only a handful of ingredients, including garlic and soy sauce.