Salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡. Traditional Hakka salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡 is prepared by encasing the bird in the salt crust, the culinary tradition that stood the test of time until today since the Qing dynasty. This surprisingly simple dish relies on the culinary magic inside the cocoon build with a bed of sea salt. This is the original pastured chicken.
Sometimes when my friends asked me to bake it, I'll only charge them a few ringgit. Salt Baked Chicken is a simple, hearty and very fun meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Imagine having fun removing the salt crust together and eating with your hands! You can have Salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡 using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡
- It’s 1 of slow growing breed chicken.
- You need 1 Tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Sichuan pepper, optional.
- It’s 1 of anise star.
Salt crust baking is a traditional technique which enables hot steam to circulate all around the chicken it also helps to seal. Salt Baked Chicken is a signature Hakka (客家) dish, and this is the real deal, true blue version of the recipe-but more on that later. As for the origin of salt baked chicken, there are a few folk tales out there that people will tell you, but I like this one the best: As the story goes, a reliable salt merchant. SayfalarDiğerMarkaİnternet SitesiKişisel BlogChinese recipesVideolar盐焗鸡 salt baked chicken Printable recipe.
Salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡 instructions
- Disect a chicken ~4lb into 8 pieces. Set aside chicken bones for stock later..
- Massage 1 Tsp into the chicken and set aside for 20 minutes..
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes and drain the liquid into a separate bowl. Turn each piece and bake for a second 30 minutes..
- Drain the liquid and continue to bake for another 20-30 minutes until chicken is semi-dry. It's great to use the chicken in any other dish such as soup or stirfry once it chill down. If enjoy it immediately, please serve with rice or breads because it is saltier than a regular dish..
Hakka Rice Cooker Salt Baked Chicken 客家盐焗鸡. This dish reminded him of the salted steamed rice wine. Traditional Chinese salt baked chicken uses only chicken and coarse sea salt. The chicken is wrapped with a special type of oil paper and buried in warm sea salt. Salt baked chicken has lots of transformers in China now.